Scheduler and Demand Planning Manager
Reports To: VP of Operations
FLSA Status (check): __X__Exempt_____Non-Exempt
Position Summary: A critical position within our operations team, this role oversees production scheduling and demand planning. This role works across multiple departments within the company to plan and schedule production and use analytical, marketing, and sales data of the company to effectively estimate future product demands.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Production Scheduler:
- Oversee production planning and operational management activities within the organization
- Develop production plan and timelines according to production specifications
- Determine production requirements based on plant capacity and production specifications
- Develop and communicate raw material needs and schedule
- Work closely with sales, logistics, and production teams on dry goods and raw material issuing to production, inventory levels etc.
- Monitors performance of raw materials in production and report out on issues
- Helps facilitate success of raw material aspects of new product start-ups
- Reports scheduling and inventory shortfalls
- Project trims and fall outs to relay to sales team on a weekly/daily basis.
- Look ahead to determine future raw material needs working with procurement.
- Participate in design and upgrades of Protrace scheduling system
- Maintain and Implement Dry goods BOM’s
- Establish and maintain cut templates for Protrace
- Develops reports that set and communicate performance to production standards
- Participate in and provide feedback on physical and automated inventory control methods
- Develop SOP’s, training and audits for all raw material scanning and tracking
- Demand Planning Manager:
- Facilitate monthly S&OP meetings, report and recommend sales forecast to senior leadership
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Interact with sales, marketing, and finance to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong Understanding of core demand management process and understanding of forecasting
- Good knowledge of end to end supply chain and the impacts of the demand and production schedule
- Demonstrated analytical skills in prior roles
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal Skills
- Graduate of BS in business administration, sciences, social sciences or another related field
- At least 3 years planning experience in similar industry
- Planning system experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include looking at a computer screen and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, and communicate using telephone and email.
Contact: All candidates with relevant experience please submit resume and cover letter to Jobs@EatBobos.com. Please put “Scheduler & Demand Planning Manager” in the subject line. Thanks! ☺