Quality Assurance & Food Safety Manager
Position Title: QUALITY ASSURANCE & FOOD SAFETY MANAGER
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary range is $65,000 to 70,000 per year.
- Benefits include bonus potential, health, dental and vision insurance, 401k with 4% company match, equity shares, sick and vacation leave
The Food Safety and Quality Assurance (FSQA) Manager is responsible for overseeing and maintaining all FSQA policies and procedures. The FSQA Manager provides leadership, support, and guidance directly to their team and indirectly and directly to other plant personnel to ensure; food quality standards, food safety guidelines, legal requirements (as they pertain to food safety) and customer expectations are met. The FSQA Manager reports directly to the Director of FSQA and will assure consistent quality of production by developing and enforcing good manufacturing practice (GMP) systems, validating processes, providing documentation, and managing staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading the quality function on-site to ensure that products and processes comply with documented requirements, systems, and specifications.
- Ensuring the quality program meets regulatory requirements as the SQF Practitioner
- Manage quality standards and quality policies (such as HACCP and internal auditing), with skills and ability to execute against requirements.
- Identify, facilitate and/or support continuous improvement efforts using Lean, DMAIC, Kaizen, Six Sigma (preferred) methodologies in alignment with the site's operational plan.
- Capable of influencing development steps used in the Innovation and Commercialization process to leverage design in achieving consumer safety and quality objectives
- Perform and support the development of problem-solving techniques with manufacturing functions to develop corrective actions for quality issues and to initiate continuous improvement.
- Report Quality metrics and trends routinely utilizing analysis tools to determine quality performance.
- Provide coaching and mentoring for the quality team, taking responsibility for the team’s performance management and development.
- Execute regular coaching sessions with direct report/s to leverage potential and improve performance.
- Championing food safety cultures to drive GMP and ensure safe working practices are implemented.
- Collaborating with all stakeholders to improve performance of the lines, with a key focus on quality and volume.
- Conduct routine trainings with all employees regarding food safety
Directly manage FSQA Supervisor and be the main liaison to 3rd party sanitation crew.
Qualifications / Education / Experience Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science and Technology or related field or experience working in a food quality related role
- 1-3 years’ experience managing direct reports
- Strong technical food background (food chemistry, cereal chemistry, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience with FDA and other third-party auditing entities a plus
- HACCP and PCQI certified
Language / Mathematical / Reasoning Ability:
- Must be able to accurately document information in a timely manner
- Must be able to write and speak, both clearly and effectively
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- This position will report to the Director of FSQA and work very closely with the Director of Operations
- This position is expected to be able to work with minimal oversight at times, and be able to confidently handle situations on their own
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to grip and handle objects; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include looking at a computer screen and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, and communicate using telephone and email.
Travel Required: Limited
Resume Submission: All candidates with relevant experience please submit resume to Jobs@EatBobos.com. Please put “Job Title” in the subject line of email