Job Title: Driver
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Driver has responsibility for making sure product, packaging, and materials are transferred between our 3 facilities in a timely and efficient manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform safety checks of brakes, steering column, lights and mirrors prior to start of day to ensure road readiness
- Follow and maintain loading protocols
- Inspect trailers before and after loading
- Contribute to company data by honestly recording times of delivery and hours worked
- Assist in loading and unloading cargo at pick-up and delivery sites when necessary, maintaining product quality throughout conveyance
- Adhere to traffic safety regulations at all times, exercise caution in treacherous circumstances and report unsafe vehicle or road conditions to supervisors and highway authorities
- Be able to operate pallet jack
- Maintain the truck in clean working order at the end of every shift.
- Must ensure that cargo remains undamaged as a result of truck operation.
Marginal Duties Performed Less Frequently:
- Working with Warehouse crew at offsite warehouse
- Must maintain neutrality
- Strong problem-solving skills following a formal process
- Self-starter and possess a positive attitude, able to influence others
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
Education / Experience Desired:
- High School diploma at minimum
- Minimum 2-3 years prior experience in a similar role and environment
- Possession of Class A Driver’s License
- Clean driving record with no moving violations
- Must be able to accurately document lot numbers and quantities
- Must be able to write and speak, both clearly and effectively.
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- This position will report to the Logistics Manager
- The position holder is expected to be able to work with minimal oversight at times, able to confidently handle situations on their own
- The backup for the Driver is another Driver.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee will be expected to stand on their feet for long periods of time and must be able to work in congested areas. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include looking at a computer screen and ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to drive a motor vehicle, and effectively communicate using telephone and email.
Constant: willing to travel between Bobo’s facilities as needed in Boulder and Loveland.
Resume Submission: All candidates with relevant experience please submit resume to Jobs@EatBobos.com. Please put “Driver” in the subject line of email.