Production Supervisor-Second Shift
Position Title: Production Supervisor- 2nd Shift
Department: Operations - Production
Reports To: Production Manager and/or Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Loveland, CO
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary range is $48,000-$60,000, DOE
- Benefits include bonus potential, health, dental, & vision insurance, 401k with 4% company match, equity shares, sick and vacation leave
Position Summary: Production Supervisor is the shift manager for each production shift. This person is responsible for executing the plan created by the Operations team for flavor and quantity assortment. The position holder must be able to manage multiple priorities: ensuring quality standards are upheld, maximizing daily output, managing crew assignment and keeping areas clean to assigned standards. This person acts as the first-line liaison between the management team and the shop floor associates.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage up to 30 employees during shift
- Manage initial conflict resolution processes for employees on shift
- Maintain HACCP production documentation
- Maintain food quality, safety and consistency
- Maintain all in-process manufacturing specifications
- Assure personnel follow GMPs & good hygiene practices
- Review manufacturing processes on a monthly basis and meet efficiency targets
- Train production associates on specific job duties
- Communicate with fellow shift supervisors regarding issues and shift-to-shift handoff
- Manage to operations metrics
- Utilize Protrace to measure assure proper issuing, yields, output etc.
- Manage labor and productivity
Marginal Duties Performed Less Frequently:
- Maintain SSOP daily records
- Supervise the pulling of all samples for micro testing and lot retains
- Supervise the labeling and boxing of all materials
- Monitor all production employees for FDA and GMP compliance
- Work with designated QA Technician to address any non-compliance issues relating to the Gluten Program or GFCO Certification process
This position will have direct supervision responsibilities for up to 30 hourly production employees
- High School diploma at minimum desired
- Minimum 3 years prior experience in a similar environment
- Knowledge of natural products industry a plus
- Combined experience in quality and management preferred
- Must be familiar with a production environment under FDA and HACCP guidelines
- Experience with scanning systems (MES/ERP) a plus
- Must have food production experience
- Must be able to accurately document lot numbers and quantities
- Must be able to write and speak, both clearly and effectively.
- Must be comfortable working with numbers
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong math skills required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include looking at a computer screen and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, and communicate using telephone and email.
Specific Physical Demands in addition to the above listed:
- Shift length is 10 hours unless otherwise specified
- Standing on feet for long periods of time
- Able to operate in congested areas
Travel: Very Limited – May be asked to go off-site (locally) for equipment training, safety/food safety training and other short duration items. No overnight travel expected but may be required in rare circumstances.
Resume Submission: All candidates with relevant experience please submit resume to Jobs@EatBobos.com. Please put “Production Supervisor” in the subject line of email. Thanks!