Position Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Department: Operations - Maintenance
Reports To: Maintenance Engineer
Position Summary: The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for maintaining the production flow for day to day operations by designing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program (CMMS). Perform facility upkeep and manage day to day operation malfunctions. The Maintenance Supervisor will also be accountable for the safety program at Bobo’s Oat Bars. The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for all Bobo’s Oat Bars facilities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage 5 maintenance staff, providing training and coaching
- Maintain work order tracking system
- Develop and manage plant wide preventative maintenance program
- Meet with Maintenance Engineer on daily basis to assess problem areas
- Track downtime and develop corrective action plans to address issues
- Complete maintenance tasks without production interruption
- Strict overtime management of Maintenance staff
- Developing and managing preventative maintenance schedules and budgets
- Ensure all repairs do not compromise food safety
- Ability to manage maintenance employees
- Ability to work with all of production and be part of the operations team
- Serve as the leader of the Food Safety Program for Maintenance
- Oversee the employee discipline program for maintenance employees
- Oversee safety implementations and requirements for company
- Assures personnel follow GMPs & good hygiene practices
- Assures the adherence to all SQF requirements
- Develop training manuals for equipment
- Assist with training operators on equipment
- Ability to work Fridays and some weekends to oversee larger projects
- Organization of maintenance facilities and work area
Marginal Duties Performed Less Frequently:
- Ability to work with and manage outside contractors
- Purchase small ticket items to keep maintenance running smoothly
This position will have direct supervision responsibilities for up to 5 maintenance technicians. The backup for the Maintenance Supervisor will be a Maintenance Lead.
- Must have strong leadership skills with ability to maintain neutrality
- Strong problem solving skills following a formal process
- Self-starter and possess a positive attitude, able to positively influence others
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- High School diploma at minimum desired
- Minimum 2-6 years prior experience in a similar environment
- Knowledge of natural products industry a plus
- PM program development (CMMS) a plus
- Must be familiar with a production environment under FDA and HACCP guidelines
- Must be comfortable and efficient with computer work
- Must be able to accurately document lot numbers and quantities
- Must be able to write and speak, both clearly and effectively.
- Must be comfortable working with numbers
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
- Shift length is variable depending on maintenance schedule and other priorities
- Must be able to operate maintenance tools and equipment
- Could be standing for long periods of time
- Must be willing to spend bulk of time on the floor helping with maintenance.
- This position will report to the Maintenance Engineer
- The position holder is expected to be able to work with minimal oversight at times, able to confidently handle situations on their own
Travel: Limited – Travel required between 3 facilities. May be asked to go off-site (locally) for equipment training, safety/food safety training and other short duration items. No overnight travel expected but may be required in rare circumstances.
Resume Submission: All candidates with relevant experience please submit resume to Jobs@EatBobos.com. Please put “Maintenance Supervisor” in the subject line of email. Thanks!