Maintenance Electronics Technician
Compensation and Benefits:
- Wage range is $27-$32 per hour
- Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401k with 4% company match, sick and vacation leave
Position Summary: The Electronic Technician will modify, repair, and improve existing electronic products, equipment, and controls and will assist in developing new or updated electronic systems, components, or products as well as assist technicians with any other duties put forth by the Maintenance Coordinator and/or Plant Engineer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repairs, installs, and inspects electronics or electronic systems as directed through verbal or written directions, diagrams, drawings, or specifications.
- Maintains and makes necessary operating adjustments to the organizations electronic systems.
- Determines material or replacement needs and a logical method for repair; takes appropriate action to meet those needs and makes repairs.
- Ensures local, state, and national electrical codes are followed and proper materials are used throughout electrical systems.
- Manages and installs cables and wiring, splicing as needed.
- Creates or adapts parts as needed to make repairs and improve the performance of various electronics.
- Performs safety checks to ensure design plans are feasible in various conditions.
- Reports potentially dangerous electrical equipment to supervisor and takes steps to resolve the issue.
- Instructs employees regarding safe working procedures and requirements when working with electronic equipment and components.
- Develops and maintains records related to electronic and electrical equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Maintenance Coordinator and/or Plant Engineer.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Skills / Qualifications / Education / Experience Desired:
- Thorough understanding of electronics principles and design.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Ability to follow highly complex directions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High School Diploma/GED
- Knowledge of natural products industry a plus
- Must be able to read/understand electrical drawings
- Thorough understanding of PLC programming and logic desired
Language / Mathematical / Reasoning Ability:
- Must be able to write and speak, both clearly and effectively
- Must be comfortable working with numbers
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
- This position will report to the Plant Engineer and Maintenance Coordinator
- The position holder is expected to be able to work with minimal oversight at times, able to confidently handle situations on their own.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to grasp, grip, and handle objects; lift and reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must be able to frequently lift, carry, and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include looking at a computer screen and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to communicate using telephone and email.
Additional physical requirements of this position include:
- Must be able to stand for 10 hours (Constantly)
- Must be able to walk up high narrow stairs (Occasionally)
- Must be able to climb ladders (Rarely)
- Must be able to lift machinery up to 50lbs. (Occassionally)
- Must be able to work with hand tools (Frequently)
- Can work overtime when necessary (Occasionally)
Travel Required: Limited
All candidates with relevant experience please submit resume to your Supervisor or the Human Resources Department or email to Jobs@EatBobos.com. Please put “Maintenance Electronics Technician” in the subject line of email