Assistant Category Manager
Position Title: Assistant Category Manager
Company Overview: At Bobo’s Oat Bars everything we create is made with love and baked by hand using wholesome, simple ingredients you can find in your own kitchen. Working at Bobo’s is a labor of love. Our experienced staff exudes integrity, grit, passion, and a unified desire to share the love of Bobo’s and our products from their hearts to others. Bobo’s employees embrace and reflect the Bobo’s values being collaborative, adaptable, passionate, persevering, and fun-loving.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary range is $65,000- $80,000 annually, DOE
- Benefits include bonus potential, health, dental and vision insurance, 401k with 4% company match, equity shares, sick and vacation leave
Position Summary: The Assistant Category Manager is responsible for supporting sales and marketing goals for the Bobo’s Brand. This position will play an integral role analyzing syndicated data to support the sales and marketing efforts. This position focus is growing the brands consumer engagement, while supporting all its commercial goals. This position must have the ability to work cross functionally to drive growth in key new channels, help manage key innovation and renovation projects and work to support the sales function.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Category management - Focus on driving topline revenue and profitability through executing marketing and brand plans, analyzing and reporting on internal and syndicated data, and collaborating with sales team to develop new and improved opportunities.
- Review syndicated data with leadership monthly
- Analyze and summarize syndicated data reports to sales leadership
- Support customer meetings by identifying customer insights and presenting facts in sales presentations
- P&L responsibility - Assist in development and execution of annual brand plans and maintain accountability for profit/loss. Monitor and track monthly KPIs contributing to quarterly reviews, work closely with sales team during key customer reviews/planning, and maintain close collaboration with finance and operations.
- Innovation and Insights – Hands on execution of consumer research and new product development. Translate insights into actionable marketing and innovation plans while finding new opportunities for growth.
- Project Management- Collaborate cross functionally to manage projects including but not limited to innovation, new product development, product renovation, go-to-market activation, advertising, merchandising, promotions, shopper marketing, and other marketing initiatives. Management of internal timelines and deadlines, as well as external agencies, vendors or business partners as needed to execute Bobo’s sales and marketing plans.
- Customer marketing - Manage customer marketing and trade spend for select partners, assist in annual planning and reviews, coordinating with sales team, finance and external partners, and developing support materials and presentations for customer meetings.
- Work closely with marketing agencies to manage KPI’s and day to day tasks.
- Support other marketing and sales functions when needed
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Qualification & Competencies:
- Autonomous, self-starter able to identify key opportunities and areas of improvement and take proactive steps to implement improvements – manage cross functional/upwards as needed
- Positive attitude & eagerness to learn
- Ability to work collaboratively with team as well as independently
- Self-motivated, a “doer” and results driven
- Creative spirit and can-do attitude
- Works with integrity
Education / Experience Desired:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- CPG / Food & Beverage industry experience
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Extensive knowledge of SPINS, IRI or Nielsen syndicated data
- Exceptional time management skills
- Agency management experience
- Project management experience is a plus
- Strong communications skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to track and report on key performance indicators
- Knowledge of natural products industry a plus
- Experience in the Adobe creative suite is a plus
This position will report to the VP of Marketing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to grip and handle objects; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include looking at a computer screen and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, and communicate using telephone and email.
Travel Required: Some travel required <20%
Resume Submission: All candidates with relevant experience please submit resume to Jobs@EatBobos.com. Please put “Marketing-Brand Manager” in the subject line of email