Company Overview: At Bobo’s Oat Bars everything we create is made with love and baked by hand using wholesome, simple ingredients you can find in your own kitchen. Working at Bobo’s is a labor of love. Our experienced staff exudes integrity, grit, passion, and a unified desire to share the love of Bobo’s and our products from their hearts to others. Bobo’s employees embrace and reflect the Bobo’s values being collaborative, adaptable, passionate, persevering, and fun-loving.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary range is $75,000-$85,000
- Benefits include bonus potential, health, dental and vision insurance, 401k with 4% company match, equity shares, sick and vacation leave
Position Summary: The Accounting Manager will be responsible to oversee Accounts Payable activities, posting/receiving all customer payments, investigating payment deductions, reporting deductions by trading partner, bank reconciliations, Fixed Assets, Prepaids, Tax and overseeing all monthly close activities. This position will be required to have a strong understanding of accounting principles and controls, as well as experience working with an accounting software system, ideally QuickBooks. The position will work closely with the CFO and support the organization to ensure all finance policies and controls are always followed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Processing, including invoice verification, check/ACH processing
- Oversee Accounts Receivable, posting customer payments and coding trade deductions
- Day-to-day management of Accountant and Claims Analyst
- Researching customer payment deductions, contacting customers on invalid deductions and reporting results monthly to management
- Sales Tax Reporting and Compliance
- Fixed Assets Reporting and Compliance
- Month End Bank account reconciliations
- Inventory Reconciliation and maintenance of standard costs.
- Maintain and submit reporting requirements for asset-based loan; monthly reconciliation of loan balance
- Prepare account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts (Prepaids, Equipment Leases, Deferred Rent, etc) Review, investigate, and resolve accounting errors, discrepancies and reconciling items.
- Assist with month-end close by compiling and analyzing information to prepare journal entries for properly stated financial statements
- Support audit
- Special accounting and finance projects when necessary
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will have supervision responsibility for 2-3 accounting department staff.
Qualifications / Education / Experience Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with concentration in Accounting and Finance
- 10+ years of experience in an accounting position
- Experience working with QuickBooks
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Understanding of a consumer products business
- Desire to be part of a small business team supporting the growth of an exciting food brand
Language / Mathematical / Reasoning Ability:
- Must be able to accurately document information in a timely manner
- Must be able to write and speak, both clearly and effectively
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Very strong math skills required
- This position will report to the CFO
- This position is expected to be able to work with minimal oversight at times, and can confidently handle situations on their own
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to grip and handle objects; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include looking at a computer screen and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, and communicate using telephone and email.
Travel Required: Very Limited – May be asked to go off-site (locally) for training or company events.
Resume Submission: All candidates with relevant experience please submit resume to Jobs@EatBobos.com. Please put “Accounting Manager” in the subject line of email