This year, we came to the insane idea that we could make the most delicious pie crust out of any of our oat bars. Yes, a pie crust! Our friend Susan at My Real Dish took this recipe and made it her own, complete with lemon meringue. Yes, l-e-m-o-n meringue. It’s delicious. And you should make it. View the full recipe from her blog here.
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 cups of cashews (soaked overnight for at least 4 hours)
- 1 can of coconut milk or coconut cream (refrigerated overnight)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 oz. lemon juice
- 5 drops Young Living Lemon Essential Oil
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (softened or melted)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
For the Crust:
- 4 Lemon Poppyseed Bobo’s Oat Bars
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Prep Time: 30 minutes (plus 1 hour for refrigeration)
Serving Size: You + All Your Friends
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the crust. Put Lemon Poppyseed Bobo’s Oat Bars, maple syrup, and coconut oil in a food processor and mix until well combined.
- Put the crust mixture in a 9-inch pie pan.
- Cook crust for 10 minutes, set aside to cool.
- Put all the ingredients for the pie filling in a Vitamin or high-powered blender, purée until smooth. Place on top of the crust.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Before serving, prepare the vegan meringue, and spread and decorate the top of the pie.