Coconut Apple Crisp
We are GREATFULL to have the opportunity to have Cara, a vegan food, travel and lifestyle blogger of www.thegreatfullgirl.com to feature a recipe including Bobo's! This Apple Crisp is the perfect quick and easy dessert to whip up to cap off a summer or fall night.
- 8 gala apples
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup all purpose or gluten free 1:1 flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
Coconut Granola Crisp Topping:
- 1 cup all purpose flour or gluten free 1:1 flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp agave
- ¾ cup plant based butter (melted)
- 3 tbsp plant-based milk
- 1 Bobo’s Coconut Oat Bar (crushed)
- Peel and dice up 8 gala apples
- Add brown sugar, all purpose flour, cinnamon, salt, lemon juice, maple syrup, and pumpkin puree and stir until the apples are well coated.
- Set aside and prepare your Coconut Granola Crisp Topping.
- Prior to making your Coconut Granola Crisp Topping, place your Bobo’s Coconut Oat Bar in a plastic bag and break apart or roll with a rolling pin until the bar has dissolved to crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, combine all purpose flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, agave, plant-based butter, Bobo’s Coconut Oat Bar crumbs, and plant-based milk.
- Stir until ingredients are well combined.
- In a pie pan, layer your apple filling first, then top with your Coconut Granola Crisp Topping.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake your crisp for 50 minutes until golden brown.
- Let chill for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Pair with your favorite plant based yogurt or ice cream to enjoy!
Check out more of Cara's recipes at www.thegreatfullgirl.com