Almonds. They're so hot right now. And for good reason! Almonds are not only full of good vitamins and high-quality protein, but they taste delicious in whatever form you eat them. We hopped on the almond train this year with the release of our new Nut Butter Stuff'd Bars - two of which have delicious almond butter - and we haven't looked back since. This recipe uses our original Almond Butter Bar and adds some coconutty-chocolate-joy. Voila! Almond Joys... or delights, as we're calling them.
- 2 Almond Butter Bobo's Oat Bars
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 8-10 unsalted almonds
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
Prep Time: 10 Minutes, Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Serving Size: 8
- Toss the coconut shreds, coconut oil and maple syrup into a Vitamix or food processor and place on high for 2 minutes or until the mixture is wet. Line a small 10x5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Using a spatula, pour the mixture into the pan and flatten until about 1/2 an inch thick. Freeze the mixture for 20 minutes.
- Take the mixture out of the freezer and place on counter. Pull the parchment paper out of the loaf pan and place onto counter (or a cooling rack). Slice into 8 pieces.
- Place a saucepan on low heat and add in the 1/4 teaspoon of coconut oil. Once melted, add the chocolate chips. Stir the mixture until melted and remove from heat.
- Cut each Bobo's Oat Bar into 4 pieces (long ways, then short). Your pieces should match up with the pieces from the loaf pan.
- Dip each piece of Almond Butter bar into the chocolate mixture and place on the parchment paper. Dip a piece of coconut mixture into the chocolate sauce and place on top of the Almond Butter Bar. This is one. Now repeat.
- For garnish, dip each almond into the chocolate mixture and add on top of each bar. For extra credit, you can also toss on a few coconut shreds.