Position Title: Sanitation Associate
Shift: Friday - Sunday 6:00 p. m - 6:30 a. m
Compensation and Benefits:
- Starting Hourly Pay: $19.00
- Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401k with 4% company match, sick and vacation leave.
Sanitation Associate is responsible for sanitation of facility in compliance with regulatory standards. This person is responsible for ensuring proper sanitation is achieved and required documentation is completed. Sanitation Associate will receive training in safety, proper cleaning methods, and chemical usage.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans and sanitizes food handling, packaging, storage, and processing facilities and equipment, to meet quality and food safety standards.
- Prepare, handle, and use chemical agents, high-pressure hoses, and other sanitizing/cleaning equipment and supplies to clean and sanitize facility work areas and equipment.
- Commit to proper GMPs and Sanitation Practices.
- Perform changeovers and shut down procedures.
- Observe all safety requirements and report hazards to the Sanitation Supervisor.
- Responsible for adhering to the Chemical Control Program.
- Responsible for ensuring the production room is in compliance with sanitation standards at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Marginal Duties Performed Less Frequently:
Update sanitation forms, as needed.
Qualifications / Education / Experience Desired:
- Ability to understand and follow all safety rules, procedure manuals, and diagrams.
- Ability to learn to effectively perform duties.
- Must be detail-oriented and observant.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to form rapport with employees.
- Strong problem solving skills and the confidence/competence to make independent decisions.
- Must be vigilant.
Education / Experience Desired:
- Previous sanitation experience preferred.
- Knowledge of GMPs required.
- Knowledge of chemical usage desired.
- Prior experience with food processing sanitation desired.
- Knowledge of allergens and allergen control required.
Language / Mathematical / Reasoning Ability:
- Must be able to accurately document information.
- Must be able to write and speak, both clearly and effectively.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- This position will report to the Sanitation Supervisor.
- The position holder is expected to be able to work with minimal oversight, able to confidently handle situations on their own, able to manage others.
- Frequently required to use hands to handle objects; talk or hear; stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms.
- Shift length is variable depending on production schedule.
- May be required to lift up to 50lbs while conducting sampling.
- Will be standing for long periods of time.
- Will be required to properly handle chemicals.
Resume Submission: All candidates with relevant experience should include “Sanitation Associate” and desired shift in subject line when submitting resume to Jobs@EatBobos.com.