Position Title: Safety Supervisor
FLSA Status: Exempt
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary range is $60,000-$70,000 annually
- Benefits include bonus potential, health, dental and vision insurance, 401k with 4% match, equity shares, sick and vacation leave
The Safety Supervisor will be responsible for identifying, analyzing, interpreting and mitigating safety risks at Bobo’s locations. The Safety Supervisor will manage Bobo’s safety program to include training, documentation, audits and reporting.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and ensure a safe working environment.
- Review current safety training and recommend revisions, improvements, and updates.
- Analyze work performed to identify potentially hazardous situations, tasks, and conditions.
- Perform routine hazard analysis of machinery and equipment
- Submit recommendations for improvements and additions to the safety program including emergency preparedness, accident prevention, general safety, and risk management.
- Train employees and managers on Safety program and policy interpretation
- Work with HR to set up new employee on-boarding process for safety
- Conduct regularly-scheduled risk assessments of Bobo’s facilities
- Complete incident investigations and required documentation
- Collect injury and illness data to analyze ongoing trends and metrics
- Conduct accident investigations to identify root cause, prepare reports on findings and recommendations, and present results to management and employees
- Maintain documentation of the company's safety procedures, meetings, accidents and related events
- Identify and stop operations and activities that could harm staff or equipment.
- Identify opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems
- Share environmental safety information with appropriate levels in the organization.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules.
- Act as a liaison between management and external safety agencies, such as fire and insurance personnel
- Work with Maintenance team and management to oversee workplace repair of hazardous equipment and facility conditions.
- Maintain flexibility in work schedule to allow for observations, investigations, and training across three shifts in all Bobo’s facilities.
- Conduct and support monthly Safety Committee meetings
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment
Education / Experience Desired:
- Associates Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field required. Bachelor's degree highly preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years’ experience in manufacturing health & safety required
- Preference for experience with ergonomics, Lock-Out / Tag-Out, hazard communication, PPE, machine guarding, and food safety
- Ability to read and interpret government regulations, rules, and laws.
- Ability to read and interpret data as well as having the capacity to professionally and effectively communicate (verbally and written) with both company and outside personnel.
- Strong math skills required
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- May supervise up to three worksite trainers with direction from the HR Manager
- This position will report to the HR Manager and will work closely with the Directors of all departments within the Operations team
- The position holder is expected to be able to work with minimal oversight at times, able to confidently handle situations on their own
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee will be expected to stand on their feet for long periods of time and must be able to work in congested areas. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include looking at a computer screen and ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to drive a motor vehicle, and effectively communicate using telephone and email.
Must be willing to travel between Bobo’s facilities as needed in Boulder and Loveland. May be asked to go off-site (locally) for training or company events.
Resume Submission: All candidates with relevant experience please submit resume to Jobs@EatBobos.com. Please put “Safety Supervisor” in the subject line of email.