Quality Assurance and R&D Supervisor
Job Title: QUALITY ASSURANCE and R&D Supervisor
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: The QA and R&D Supervisor will assist in the development, implementation, and sustainability of quality programs and research and development for Bobo’s Oat Bars. The supervisor will work with all production employees to ensure quality standards are followed. This person will assist in new product development for Bobo’s as well as product improvement. This position will also assist in the implementation of SQF, Gluten and other company certifications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ingredient, in-process, and finished product quality checks
- Train new QA employees and act as technician backup when needed
- Conduct routine trainings with all employees regarding food safety
- Ensure personnel follow GMPs and good hygiene practices
- Ensure accuracy of production reports and HACCP Documentation
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints as well as develop corrective actions
- Guarantee sanitation procedures are complete and documented
- Assist in the implementation of SQF across 3 facilities
- Inspect and release product
- Oversee labeling of product
- Manage SOPs for the production and quality department. Create SOPs where needed.
- Place raw material and finished product on hold when deviations occur and maintain hold and release log
- Calibrate and maintain equipment when needed
- Review and approve all production documents
- Conduct monthly audits of production facilities
- Assist in supplier approval
- Incoming ingredient COA checks
- Accountable for meeting food safety requirements
- Act as backup SQF Practitioner
- Supervise QA Technicians and Sanitation Leads
- Work with marketing and sales on new product development and product improvement projects
- Take innovation and renovation projects from concept to benchtop samples
- Ability to scale new product from benchtop samples to commercial runs
- Conduct shelf-life studies
- Head new ingredient changes
- Create and update Nutrition Fact Panels
Supervise up to 6 QA Technicians and Sanitation Leads, with the direction of the Director of Quality
Qualifications / Education / Experience Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science and Technology or related field or experience working in a food quality related role
- Strong technical food background (food chemistry, cereal chemistry, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience with FDA and other third-party auditing entities a plus
- HACCP and PCQI certified
- Must be able to accurately document information in a timely manner
- Must be able to write and speak, both clearly and effectively
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong math skills required
- This position will report to the Director of Quality Assurance and Food Safety and work very closely with the Director of Operations
- This position is expected to be able to work with minimal oversight at times, and be able to confidently handle situations on their own
- The backup for the Quality Assurance and R&D Supervisor is the Director of QA and Food Safety
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include looking at a computer screen and ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to travel, must drive a motor vehicle, and effectively communicate using telephone and email.
- Must be able to travel to all Bobo’s facilities in Boulder and Loveland.
- Will be required to go off-site for occasional trainings.
All candidates with relevant experience please submit resume and cover letter to Jobs@EatBobos.com. Please put the title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. Thanks!