Position Title: Production Supervisor (1st and 2nd Shift)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary range is $65,000 – $75,000 annually
- Benefits include bonus potential, health, dental and vision insurance, 401k with 4% company match, equity shares, sick and vacation leave
The Production Supervisor reports directly to the Production Manager and assists in managing the production shift. This person is responsible for the executing the scheduled daily production plan created by the Operations team. The position holder must be able to manage multiple priorities: ensuring quality standards are upheld, maximizing daily output, managing crew assignment and keeping areas clean to assigned standards. This person acts as the first-line liaison between the management team and the shop floor associates.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage up to 50 employees during shift
- Manage initial conflict resolution processes for employees on shift
- Maintain HACCP production documentation
- Maintain food quality, safety and consistency
- Maintain all in-process manufacturing specifications
- Assure personnel follow GMPs & good hygiene practices
- Review manufacturing processes on a monthly basis and meet efficiency targets
- Train production associates on specific job duties
- Communicate with fellow shift supervisors regarding issues and shift-to-shift handoff
- Accountable for meeting food safety requirements
- Assure facility and employee safety
This position will have direct supervision responsibilities for up to 50 hourly production employees.
Qualifications / Education / Experience Desired:
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-starter and possess a positive attitude
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Possess strong leadership skills
- High School diploma at a minimum desired
- Minimum 5 years prior experience in a similar environment
- Knowledge of baking manufacturing a plus
- General knowledge in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma
- Must be familiar with a production environment under FDA and HACCP guidelines.
Language / Mathematical / Reasoning Ability:
- Must be able to accurately document lot numbers and quantities
- Must be able to write and speak, both clearly and effectively.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish preferred)
- This position will report to the Shift Manager
- The Production Manager and this position holder are expected to have frequent (multiple times daily) interactions to ensure alignment on schedule, planning, problem solving and labor management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to grip and handle objects; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include looking at a computer screen and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, and communicate using telephone and email.
Specific Physical Demands in addition to the above listed:
- Shift length is 10-12 hours unless otherwise specified.
- Standing on feet for long periods of time.
- Able to operate in congested areas.
Very Limited – May be asked to go off-site (locally) for equipment training, safety/food safety training, and other short-duration items. No overnight travel is expected but may be required in rare circumstances.
Resume Submission: All candidates with relevant experience please submit resume to Jobs@EatBobos.com. Please put “Production Supervisor” in the subject line of email.