Cost Control Analyst
Company Overview: At Bobo’s Oat Bars everything we create is made with love and baked by hand using wholesome, simple ingredients you can find in your own kitchen. Working at Bobo’s is a labor of love. Our experienced staff exudes integrity, grit, passion, and a unified desire to share the love of Bobo’s and our products from their hearts to others. Bobo’s employees embrace and reflect the Bobo’s values being collaborative, adaptable, passionate, persevering, and fun-loving.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary range is $75,000-$90,000
- Benefits include bonus potential, health, dental and vision insurance, 401k with 4% company match, equity shares, sick and vacation leave
Position Summary: The Cost Control Analyst plays a crucial role in ensuring the accuracy and efficiency of our cost control processes. The primary responsibility of this role is to maintain the Daily Production Costing Report, conducting thorough analyses to identify opportunities for cost optimization. In addition, the Cost Control Analyst oversees the management of raw material (RM), finished goods (FG), and packaging (PKG) inventories across multiple locations, including our main headquarters, off-site warehouses, and co-packers. This role is pivotal in implementing effective inventory control measures to optimize stock levels and minimize carrying costs.
This role is responsible for building and maintaining these workflows in our ERP system, with a focus on ensuring timely and seamless order processing, to streamline our order fulfillment processes. The CCA is expected to collaborate closely with relevant teams to contribute to the enhancement of overall operational efficiency.
The Cost Control Analyst demands a keen eye for detail, strong analytical skills, and effective communication to contribute to the success and efficiency of our operational processes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and ensure the accuracy of the Daily Production Costing Report.
- Analyze and report on production costs, identifying areas for improvement and cost-saving opportunities.
- Manage raw material (RM), finished goods (FG), and packaging (PKG) inventories at multiple locations, including internal warehouse, external warehouse, and co-packers.
- Implement effective inventory control measures to optimize stock levels and minimize carrying costs.
- Build and maintain order fulfillment processes in ERP system, ensuring seamless and timely order processing.
- Manage and optimize cut plans and Bill of Materials (BOMs) to ensure efficient production processes.
- Work closely with production teams to update and improve cut plans for maximum resource utilization.
- Develop and manage the receiving Purchase Order (PO) process, including accurate recording of product transfers across multiple locations.
- Analyze existing operational inventory processes and identify opportunities for improvement. This will include product transfers, off-site inventory, SOP creation, and cost of completes.
- May participate in or oversee regular inventory cycle counts.
- Develop and implement strategies to optimize cost control mechanisms, inventory management, and order fulfillment workflows to match Co-Manufacturing production.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including finance, procurement, production, and warehouse teams, to ensure seamless integration of cost control measures and efficient operations.
- Foster communication and collaboration between departments to achieve shared operational goals.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) for the operations cost control function, inventory on hand levels at Co-Manufactures prior to and after production runs.
- Regularly monitor and report on performance metrics, providing insights and recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Other assigned projects as necessary
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Qualifications / Education / Experience Desired:
- Must have Procurement background including ordering and managing par levels
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Operations Management, or experience in a related field.
- Proven experience in operations cost control, inventory management, and order fulfillment.
- Five+ years’ experience in related field(s) desired
- Familiarity with Protrace or similar ERP systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and data integrity.
- This position will report directly to the VP of Operations
- This person will be expected to perform with minimal oversight.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include looking at a computer screen and ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to travel, must drive a motor vehicle, and effectively communicate using telephone and email.
Travel Required: Approximately 50%. Must be willing and able to travel to a range of locations, including Loveland Headquarters, off-site storage, and co-packers
Resume Submission: All candidates with relevant experience please submit resume to Jobs@EatBobos.com. Please put “Cost Control Analyst” in the subject line of email