Accounts Receivable Clerk (Part-Time)
Position Title: Accounts Receivable Clerk
Company Overview: At Bobo’s Oat Bars everything we create is made with love and baked by hand using wholesome, simple ingredients you can find in your own kitchen. Working at Bobo’s is a labor of love. Our experienced staff exudes integrity, grit, passion, and a unified desire to share the love of Bobo’s and our products from their hearts to others. Bobo’s employees embrace and reflect the Bobo’s values being collaborative, adaptable, passionate, persevering, and fun-loving.
Position Status: Part-Time / Non-Exempt
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary range is $23-$26 per hour, DOE
- Benefits include 401k with 4% company match and sick leave
Position Summary: The Accounts Receivable Clerk will be responsible for assisting the Accounting Manager and the Accountant with various Accounts Receivable functions, including but not limited to customer cash application entry in Quickbooks, filing claims for improper customer deductions, filing claims with freight carriers for lost or damaged shipments, reporting and tracking claims history, and providing support for monthly close activities as needed. This position will be required to have a strong understanding of accounting principles and controls, as well as experience working with an accounting software system, ideally QuickBooks. The position will work closely with the Accounting Manager, Accountant and VP Finance and support the organization to ensure all finance policies and controls are always followed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accounts Receivable, posting customer payments and coding trade deductions
- Researching customer payment deductions, contacting customers on invalid deductions and reporting results monthly to management
- Special accounting and finance projects when necessary
Qualifications Education / Experience Desired:
- High School Diploma or Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Accounting or Business Administration with concentration in Accounting and Finance
- 2-3 years of experience in an accounting position
- Experience working with QuickBooks
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Understanding of a consumer products business
- Desire to be part of a small business team supporting the growth of an exciting food brand
Language/ Mathematical/ Reasoning Ability:
- Must be able to accurately document information in a timely manner
- Must be able to write and speak, both clearly and effectively
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Very strong math skills required
- This position will report to Accounting Manager
- This position is expected to be able to work with minimal oversight at times, and can confidently handle situations on their own
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to grip and handle objects; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include looking at a computer screen and ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to travel, must drive a motor vehicle, and effectively communicate using telephone and email.
Travel Required: Very Limited – May be asked to go off-site (locally) for training or company events.
Resume Submission: All candidates with relevant experience please submit resume and cover letter to Jobs@EatBobos.com. Please put the title of the job you are applying for in the subject line of email.