Position Title: Staff Accountant
Reports To: VP of Finance
FLSA Status (check): __X__Exempt_____Non-Exempt
Position Summary: The Staff Accountant will be responsible for all Accounts Payable activities, expense system management, posting/receiving all customer payments, investigating payment deductions, reporting deductions by trading partner, and providing support to all monthly close activities. This position will be required to have a strong understanding of accounting principles and controls, as well as experience working with an accounting software system, ideally QuickBooks. The position will work closely with the Finance Manager and VP of Finance and support the organization to ensure all finance policies and controls are always followed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accounts Receivable, posting customer payments and coding trade deductions
- Accounts Payable, including invoice verification, check processing, mailing and filing
- Researching customer payment deductions, contacting customers on invalid deductions and reporting results monthly to management
- Prepare corporate credit card reconciliations and journal entry inputs
- Expense report processing utilizing Concur
- Prepare account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts. Review, investigate, and resolve accounting errors, discrepancies and reconciling items.
- Assist with month-end close by compiling and analyzing information to prepare journal entries for properly stated financial statements
- Assist with month-end financial reporting including; Concur exception reporting, Accounts receivable, and Accounts payable summaries
- Special accounting and finance projects when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with concentration in Accounting and Finance
- 2 years of experience in an accounting position
- Experience working with QuickBooks
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Understanding of Concur expense management system
- Understanding of a consumer products business
- Desire to be part of a small business team supporting the growth of an exciting food brand
- Must be able to accurately document information in a timely manner
- Must be able to write and speak, both clearly and effectively
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Very strong math skills required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include looking at a computer screen and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, and communicate using telephone and email.
Travel: Very limited – May be asked to go off-site (locally) for training or company events.
Contact: All candidates with relevant experience please submit resume and cover letter to Jobs@EatBobos.com. Please put “Staff Accountant” in the subject line. Thanks!