Sales Planning Manager
Position Title: Sales Planning Manager
Reports To: VP of Sales
FLSA Status (check): __X__Exempt_____Non-Exempt
Position Summary: The Sales Planning Manager is a critical position for the company and is accountable for being the connector between Sales and other departments within the organization (particularly Marketing, Finance and Operations). This person will work cross-functionally to expand and optimize distribution and develop and execute plans to drive velocity. This position requires a highly motivated individual with strong business acumen, interpersonal skills, and the ability to partner with internal and external stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Allocates and manages all trade spending; Analyze and track trade spend to support the Sales team’s management of the trade budget
- Analyzing and building recommendations/action plans based on account performance using Nielsen and IRI data – pricing, promotion, placement, profitability – planograms, promotional analysis, ROI, etc.
- Responsible for working with Sales Team to forecast customer sales and monitoring budget
- Responsible to work with Customer Service and Sales Team to forecasts display activity, new item launches, racks, shippers bonus pack on a monthly basis and provide reporting to sales and cross functions
- Works with marketing department to develop new initiatives and display opportunities for best in class promotions and/or representation at shelf.
- Build, organize and communicate the sales toolkit for the Sales team and broker partners
- Work with Vice President of Sales, Director of Sales, Agency Sales Managers to create a project roadmap for activating the new flavors and sub-lines in distributors and retail partners
- Collaborate with Finance to pull compelling data to build sales stories with Marketing; build and maintain the sales decks for the Sales team
- Develop and manage sampling budget for brokers, distributors and key partners throughout the industry
- Communicate timing of confirmed new retail partners to Finance, Operations and Marketing
- Participate in new innovation planning, launch timing and roadmap definition
- Participate in sales meetings providing reporting and tracking
- Ensure retail partners across multiple channels are supported
- Gather information from Sales team about partnership opportunities with retailers and strategic accounts to gain secondary placement, expand our reach and build the brand in each market; communicate and manage execution timeline with Operations
- Provide Sales perspective on Category Management discussion and planning
- Participate in building data sets that will define our perspective on the category
- Track merchandising effectiveness
- Support the Broker teams as the liaison between Bobo’s and the rest of the organization for sales support tools, field tracking, reporting, etc.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in Regional Sales role within the Natural Foods channel
- Possess key functional understanding across sales, trade management and category management
- Prior experience with brand development and systems to support aggressive business growth
- Key leadership characteristics: integrity, collaborative, flexible, strong communicator
- Excellent listening, negotiation, verbal and written communications skills
- Candidate must be a proficient user in Microsoft Office and SPINS/Nielsen
- Hardworking, persistent, and dependable
- Positive and enthusiastic; a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Highly organized
- Excellent communicator
- Project management experience
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Highly adaptable and resourceful
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include looking at a computer screen and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, and communicate using telephone and email.
Travel: Up to 30%
Contact: All candidates with relevant experience please submit resume and cover letter to Jobs@EatBobos.com. Please put “Sales Planning Manager” in the subject line. Thanks!